Do you need a CSCS card to work within construction?

Posted on September 14, 2020 at 8:07 am

As health and safety is a main concern for many employers and employees it is important to understand what qualifications or courses you need to have completed to be able to work on a construction site. Regardless of your skill level, all construction workers need to have a CSCS card. Which one you apply for will depend on the work that you will be undertaking, for example a labourer will usually apply for a different card to an experienced builder.

CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the job they do on site.

Before you can apply for the CSCS card you need to have completed the Healthy, Safety and Environment test and passed the course. There are three different levels that you can apply for. First is the operative level which is a basic course aimed at labourers and apprentices etc. The next level is manager and professional which will be needed if you want to apply for the Black Managers card and the last level is Specialist which will be a lot more in depth and is often needed if you are going to be supervising others.

Posted in Construction